LW-PLA 3D printing filament from ColorFabb is the first filament to use active foam technology to achieve lower weight, lower density PLA prints. At about 230°C, the LW-PLA filament begins to activate, increasing in volume by about 3 times.
You can reduce the flux to 65% to get lighter parts, or you can use the foam properties to greatly reduce the printing time by using higher layer heights or single perimeters.
What are you waiting for to try it out?
- Material: LW-PLA
- Diameter tolerance: ± 0.1 mm
- Density: 0.403-1.430 g-cm-3
- Glass transition temperature: 55°C
Tips & Tricks
- Suggested printing temperature: 195-260°C
- Suggested printing speed: 40 - 100 mm/s
- Suggested Platen Temperature: (optional) 50-60°C