MetalFil (polylactic acid) is a filament composed of PLA and gravimetrically filled with approximately 80% Ancient Bronze or Classic Copper powder. The high filling with these powders makes 3D printed objects almost indistinguishable from the original cast parts.
MetalFil can be post-processed with various patina effects.
- Aesthetics, design and art
- Figurines and miniatures
- Very high filling of 80%
- Real metal look, heavy and "cool" metal feel
- Approximately 300% heavier than PLA (density of 3.5g / cc)
- Compatible with full metal, PEEK and PFTE hotends
- Compatible with direct drive and Bowden style extruders
- Compatible with hardened nozzles ≥ 0.4mm with retraction settings enabled
- Easy to process
MetalFil can be brushed, sanded, polished, waxed, coated and post-processed with patina